The plugin plg_jopensimregister enables OpenSim account creation during Joomla registration.
Settings from com_opensim
The way the last names are allowed or denied come from the Global Configuration of com_opensim
Creating Avatar Users
You will need to create a special OpenSim user for a selectable avatar. There are 2 ways this can be done:
Creating from jOpenSim admin
Go to User Management and click on Add New User. Fill in the required information and click Save & Close. This will create a new OpenSim user without any appearance. This means, this user will end up as cloud inworld and you will need to create shape, skin, hair and eyes manually (or eventually wear a free appearance) before it even shows up.
Creating via console
On any OS you use you be asked for a first and last name password and email for each user you create.
the names can be anything you like make a note of the user info that you create. The email can be any fake one since we do not expect this user to communicate ;)
- Windows Standalone
On Windows Start OpenSim.exe if it is not running already on the Command Prompt you should see your region name. Then type create user and answer each question Repeat the steps for each user you want to create.
- Windows Grid Mode
On Windows Start Robust.exe if it is not running already on the Command Prompt you should see ROBUST. Then type create user and answer each question Repeat the steps for each user you want to create.
- Linux Standalone
On Linux based system Start OpenSim.exe if it is not running already. On the Terminal you should see your region name then type create user and answer each question Repeat the steps for each user you want to create.
- Linux Grid Mode
On Linux based system Start Robust.exe if it is not running already. On the Terminal you should see ROBUST then type create user and answer each question Repeat the steps for each user you want to create.
Creating Avatar Images
Log into your sim with each Default Avatar You have created
- You will need to know the user UUID of this avatar. There are several ways to find this out:
- Right Click on the Avatar and click Profile There will be a Copy Key in the top left click it then in your notepad doc paste this in User ID section.You Will need to do this for each Default Avatar you plain on offering.
- Go to jOpenSim admin user management and double click on the last name
- Change the Avatars Apperence Male/Female there Cloths etc Note Some Viewers will have Issues with changeing Default Ruth to a Male an easy fix for Default Male Avatars is to find a Free Full Body Avatar to replace Default Ruth.
- When you have edited your Default Avatar the way you like Lets take some Selfies. In your viewer find the option for camera control in Singularity it is in top menu View-Camera Controls. Use Controls to rotate around and zoom in for a Head shot with with your screen capture tool capture your head shot I will use Snip-It built into windows open Snip-it and click new and make a box from shoulders up then save to your desktop as the user ID number example 123456.jpg You can Also do Full Body image if you like
Selecting Avatars For Registration Form
Upload to Your Joomla Site
Login as admin and go to Content>MediaManager Then Click into Folder jopensim>avatars Once in avatars Upload the Pic('s) that you made
A.Go To Components>jOpenSim Click on Users put a check mark in the box next to one of your Default Avatars and then click Edit User Under User Data is Login Level click the drop Box and pick Selectable Avatar then click save and close. You Must do this for each Avatar you plan to Offer
B.Go To Extensions>Plugin Manager then Find and Click on jOpenSimRegister Once in jOpenSimRegister Click on Avatar Selection Enable Avatar Selection to Yes Then click in Selectable Avatars Box you will get a drop down Pick the Avatars you want to offer
C.Make Sure Plg jopensimregister is enabled and then check your site registration Page
Selecting Avatars For Registration Form Video
- Logins will then be disabled for this account